Monday 27 December 2010

464 - The drunkest I've ever been when writing a sonnet

Back from the pub, and not feeling too well,
I lay on the floor, waiting till I could
Write lines of some kind, feeling like in hell,
But sonnet must be written, in my blood.
I’m feeling cold now, heating’s off, I should
Just persevere, till fourteen lines are writ.
I think that my behaviour was not good.
Had a good night, but mixed my drinks a bit.
Had Guinness, red wine, white wine, lager… it
Hurts me to recall this, hurts me to tell;
I’m the sickest guy in my neighbourhood,
And basically I feel rather like shit.
I was sick in the kitchen sink. Not well
At all. Oh to be sick again, I would.

Wed 12 Dec 2007
PS - This was written after a long and drunken works Christmas meal and pub crawl

No comments:

Post a Comment